Wednesday, August 3, 2011

How I envy you, Alice!





Feeling more and more that this isn't the right path... Not anymore for me... Sometimes I just want to return, no matter what the consequences are. I just want to live again those days when I could read hundreds of books without caring about eating or sleeping, to those afternoons when I could daydream for hours in the garden, among red roses and butterflies, to those nights when I was falling asleep caressed by the moon light and enchanted by the crickets' peaceful song....
Those years were not the happiest of my life, but they were definitely more serene than what I'm living now. Someone said in a song that "when you're young, life is easy", but he wasn't right at all. Because here I am, young and with a life anything but easy... I know there are people that are really unhappy and helpless, but sometimes, no matter how hard I try to ignore all the unpleasant things, I can't do it.
Life can really be overwhelming...

Yes, I want to return!!! This is not the path I want to walk on! This is not what I wished for! This forest is way too dark, those trees are too hideous, posion ivy all around  me and no blue sky above me!!! This is one of those moments when I want to seal myself into a match box and stay there forever so that no one can find me, so that nothing can hurt me! I want to be so small, like Alice, to find my own Wonderland, the Wonderland I used to dream during all my childhood, where nothing went wrong, and if it did, I would fix it immediately.


But wait! What is this feeling??? Coming out of my back, white feathers all over, huge wings! This is my chance to fly, to run away from everything I hate, from everything that kills me inside every second, to... Wait a minute! Run away? I never did that before... But it's so tempting, to fly up in the sky, to forget all the bitter I had to drink for years, all the hard ground I had to step on bare-footed, all the chances they took away from me...
And still, running away has never been a solution. I choose to stay here for a while more... Maybe... maybe... things will work my way eventually. Who knows? Somewhere in this world there has to be a little ray of light for me, a small piece of heaven I will discover if I keep walking, something, anything! that can force me to go on. I'll keep the wings... to use them at the right moment...

It doesn't feel so good... But you know what they say: Everything will be OK in the end. So if it's not OK, IT IS NOT THE END...



P.S. How I hate you, Time! Passer-by!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Un 2024 cât mai bun!

Pexels: Jill Wellington Sunt aproape 3 ani de când nu am mai scris aici și mai pe nicăieri. Prioritățile au fost altele, viața s-a scurs ori...