Sunday, February 26, 2012

Once upon a thousand times (2)



 I was... I am...

Once upon a time I was a cherry... Living on the highest branch, with my best friend, a striped sparrow... I remember he was there from the very day I was born. I was a bud, shy and shivering in the still cold wind of spring. Watching everything around, trying to get used to the height, enjoying every moment when my friend was there, especially when the sun was going to sleep… His song was my favourite lullaby...
  I was growing up so fast, becoming an innocent flower, that kind of flower that brings peace inside a soul.  After a while, my petals fell. All of us lost their pure dresses. I was so sad. Only the humans were full of joy and I can’t figure out why...
  Then I got round and began to fatten, blushing everyday more. I think my left cheek was a little bit more shiny.
  I still remember the day the humans killed my brothers… I can’t forget the horror! One rapacious hand  tried so badly to grab me, but I was unreachable, fortunately. From that moment on I knew that wasn’t a coincidence… But what life had in store for me was a complete mystery. I was left there, on my branch, all alone… Even my friend visited me very rarely. He had a family of his own…
    I used to wonder how long it will take until I… I fall, until I crush, smashing my red face on the ground… and die…
    I was so afraid… and sad as I felt something growing inside me, a soul, a life… Was it a heart? Was it a baby, a piece of me? Or what…? I wanted to know so many things, but who could give me all the answers?...
    I didn’t have time to find out because… well, yes, on a muddy rainy day the unexpected happened. I was caught by an unknown force,  pulling me down… down… down… I felt no pain, to my surprise… I was buried deep inside the hungry cold ground. I closed my entire being, putting aside all that I have ever lived, seen or felt…
    It was then when I was reborn, when that something I was feeling inside came out, not a baby, but my soul… The new me, the new life bringer… It was then when I began to be what I am now, leaf by leaf, flower by flower, branch by branch, growing every year more, becoming that cherry tree I never thought I would be… Hosting now hundreds of cherries  like I once was… I am so proud of them… And come to think I would have never enjoyed all this without their help, their efforts, their water during the droughty days…Maybe humans are not that bad after all...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Un 2024 cât mai bun!

Pexels: Jill Wellington Sunt aproape 3 ani de când nu am mai scris aici și mai pe nicăieri. Prioritățile au fost altele, viața s-a scurs ori...