Thursday, January 12, 2017

What's with the Old Age?


With my Grandma
Sometimes, I look at old people and still can't believe it. There are people whom I've been knowing for ages, since they were younger and I was just a child.

I am browsing through my memories and their photos from decades ago. I've watched some of them growing old. My parents and grandparents, neighbours and relatives. But it still seems crazy to me how the old age can change someone, what it makes out of people.

How weak and wrinkled we become, how the white and grey hair become "the new look". All these are part of life, but somehow, even if I don't think that I'm immortal or anything, when I think about it, it sounds like a good joke. 😄

I find it hard to believe that one day, without even knowing, I will look in the mirror and see a little old granny.

It's insane how this works. Even if it's been a couple of years since I've started to notice a wrinkle or a white hair here and there. Obviously, it's happening. To me, to you, to all of us.

Getting old day by day can be scary if you think only about the physical changes. But it's also a gift to reach the old age and still have a young soul. Because, in the end, this is one of the most important thing: how you feel inside. And you might already know: age is nothing but a number. 😉

6 comments:

  1. :) toate bunicile sunt tinere. Eu nu stiu cum pot face atatea lucruri... pe mine ma uimesc mereu!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Adevărat, cât sunt în putere, bunicile fac multe lucruri şi sunt foarte active. Sufletul nu le îmbătrâneşte :)

      Delete
  2. Inteleg ce zici. Pentru mine vârsta în general e interesantă. Nu îmi vine să cred nici când văd copii ce îi știam de micuți transformându-se în adolescenți... Parcă e așa ciudat totul.

    Dar, revenind la bătrânețe, da, până la urmă noi avem un suflet, el rămâne tânăr și trăiește veșnic. Corpul acesta e neputincios și trecător...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Că bine zici de copii! e uluitor să-i vezi peste ani, când îi ştiai de-o şchioapă.

      Din fericire suntem binecuvântaţi să ne simţim tineri îm suflet chiar dacă, aşa cum ai spus, corpul e trecător şi se duce...

      Delete
  3. Si eu sunt bunica ... dar spune tu? Cum sa ucid femeia tanara din mine? :)
    Saptamana faina!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Multă sănătate vă doresc şi să vă păstraţi mereu sufletul tănăr şi roditor! :)

      O seară frumoasă!

      Delete

Un 2024 cât mai bun!

Pexels: Jill Wellington Sunt aproape 3 ani de când nu am mai scris aici și mai pe nicăieri. Prioritățile au fost altele, viața s-a scurs ori...